ADVERTISEMENT
Image: arruud

The headlight in question was on the vehicle’s passenger side and it wasn’t working. So, the deputy took the car to a garage to get the problem looked at. But when the mechanic opened up the vehicle, he found something odd.

Image: Mauro Victor Barboza

Another officer with the MCSO – Deputy Sandra Rogers – spoke to The Dodo about the incident. “The mechanic began replacing the headlight, and noticed the wire had been chewed,” she said on June 23, 2017. But what could have caused it?

ADVERTISEMENT
Image: Floris van Halm

There were a number of potential candidates – rodents have been known to get into vehicles and damage wiring. Whatever the cause was though, it needed to be fixed, and so the mechanic got to work. As a result, he found something even more unusual.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT