When one family found a sick baby raccoon, they refused to let him die. Instead, they dedicated themselves to his care in the hope of releasing the animal back into the wild. But one year after his rescue, they had a huge shock in store.
Kat Wagg is an animal lover. In fact, she believes that she has a special bond with wild creatures and can instinctively understand their needs. So, when she and her family encountered an ailing raccoon one day in 2010, she knew that it needed their help.
The animal in question was in a bad state, as the Wagg family discovered him infested with parasites. And among the parasites were two big botfly larvae that had taken up residence in his ear. That wasn’t the raccoon’s only problem, however.