48 Hours After A Man Went Swimming In Florida, He Succumbed To A Dangerous Bacteria

Spending a day at the beach can be fun whatever your age. And whether you choose to just soak up some rays or to take a dip in the cool blue ocean, hopefully all that you’ll take back with you are some good memories – and perhaps some sand in your shoes. For Dave Bennett, though, his trip to the beach in July 2019 had catastrophic – and heartbreaking – consequences.

A resident of Memphis, Tennessee, Bennett and his wife had gone to see their daughter Cheryl Bennett Wiygul in Niceville, Florida, during that month. Then, after getting together, the family spent a fun day out in Destin to celebrate the Fourth of July weekend – and enjoyed plenty of time in the water to boot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT