The Mom Of A Teen Who Died From Eating A Sandwich Revealed The Final Words She Spoke On The Phone

ADVERTISEMENT
Image: YouTube/Sky News

Tanya explained that the family always carried Epi-pens in case of a reaction. Their vigilance, she said, had been successful as 15-year-old Natasha hadn’t experienced a serious allergy-related incident in almost a decade. Her most recent anaphylactic reaction had occurred when he was six, after inadvertently eating a biscuit that contained nuts.

Image: YouTube/Sky News

Before she set off for her holiday in July 2016, Natasha, a pupil at Lady Margaret School, told friends she was “going to have the best summer ever.” She’d arrived at Heathrow Airport’s Terminal 5 with her father and friend and had headed to Pret A Manger to buy something to eat before their morning flight. Not long after eating the olive, artichoke and tapenade baguette, Natasha was already starting to experience itchiness in her throat, so she had some Piriton to alleviate the symptoms.

ADVERTISEMENT

Image: Facebook/Natasha Laperouse

Natasha’s father told the Daily Mail that the trio hadn’t been short of time when they’d bought the baguette, and that he’d assumed Natasha would know what was safe to eat. Nadim added that there was nothing on the sandwich’s packaging to indicate that it contained sesame seeds. However, he also admitted that memories of these moments haunted him, and that he “hated himself” for allowing Natasha to buy the snack.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT